Sunday, April 11, 2010

What do I want to be when I grow up?

Life has been a whirlwind, but now's my time to reflect and see what part of not-Kansas it landed me in.

At the Jobby-job (my pet-name for my career) things are hectic, but I"m working with them. The remote access helps, and doesn't leave me so stressed out if I REALLY want to get something finished, I don't have to be handcuffed to my cube :P Instead, I can sit by a comfy window at my desk in my bedroom. On an even happier note, my NEW analyst starts tomorrow =0)I'm pretty stoked about somebody getting in there to alleviate some of the work. It's still going to be a little bit until she fully understands how the system works, but I'm confident she'll be a quick learner. It's just really frustrating when I'm trying to work on something, and get derailed by the little requests demanding instant gratification. Oy!

So, for my UMS class, I have to do a literature review of 12-15 articles pertaining to my interests or focus. I have to find the holes, and position myself to fill those holes in (for the future). It's a challenging thing to think of what you want to be an expert on in a few years. There's just so much information out there that I barely know where to start. I do enjoy the neurological aspect of how humans are conditioned to adapt to the new technologies. For example, how cell phones have affected the ways of which we interact and the significance of it. Like, we're giving toddlers tiny computers, so it's almost like a 6th sense by the time they're 10 yrs old and projecting their nascent thoughts of the world on facebook or myspace. It's interesting and mysterious stuff to think that this is where our future is headed. It's hard to believe that just 20 years ago, not EVERYBODY had a cell phone- human dependence on technologies compromises their senses of primitive survival, I think. At any rate, I need to do some investigating and see what sort of work is out there. woo-hoo! Knowledge- Ready or not, here I come :P

No comments:

Post a Comment